At Kenley’s One Year mark i realize that I should be doing more to catalog her life. She is so amazing and time has flown by so fast. Here is a list of Important info (that to I Can Grow People – who I stole the idea from)
How Big is She:
– She has a bigger head than 98% of 1 Year olds
– She wears size 4 diapers.
– She wears some 12 month clothes, but mostly 18.
– Her feet are somewhere between size 3 and 4, though she hates shoes and socks.
What She is Doing:
– She is walking (once in a while). She could do it, but she doesn’t want to be bothered.
– She has a wonderfully strange crawl. I believe our hardwood floors kept her from fully crawling. Yet, she can get around super fast.
– She loves to be read to and brings books to us often.
– She goes crazy for music of all kinds.
– She loves Sesame Street.
– She will hand you anything she has if you ask. Then, she cries.
– She waves all of the time, but sometimes it is after the person is gone.
– She loves bathes, but wants to move around way too much.
What She is Saying:
– She talks baby talk non-stop.
– She has said “dada” and “nama” forever.
– She has said “wuv you” twice to me, but Shannon hasn’t heard it yet.
– Her newest and greatest talk is “Tank You.” She says it anytime you hand her something.
– We’re working on Roaring like a lion and she’s close.
– Once in a while she says “Cat Kitty”
What She is Eating:
– She eats all adult food that we put in front her.
– She loves Green Beans and Pudding.
– She eats a lot of bananas and yogurt.
– Pancakes for breakfast.
– She snacks on Multi-Grain Cheerios and Bunny crackers.
– No baby food at all
– She has 8
– She has never had as bad a time as people say a baby will have.
What Else She Loves:
– Noise of any kind (like dragging a plastic lid across the table like nails on a chalkboard)
– Her Mother (she is definitely a Mommy’s girl right now).
– Opening Drawers or Cabinets.
– Playing with plastic bowels.
– Watching her dad work in the yard.
What She Doesn’t like:
– Anytime another baby cries.
– Being told “no” (yes, already)